St. Thomas Aquinas was quiet and humble, even though he was incredibly intelligent and holy. He joined the Dominican order against the wishes of his family, and never let anyone dissuade him from his vocation. St. Thomas studied under St. Albert the Great, and was only 22 years old when he began to publish his own works and teach. His writing and preaching was so amazing that he became famous even during his own lifetime. At the age of 32 he received his doctorate. Towards the end of his life he wrote his most famous work, the "Summa Theologiae" which is still one of the most influential theology books of all time. St. Thomas Aquinas is a Doctor of the Church, and is also known as the "Angelic Doctor"- a title given to him most likely due to his incredible purity of heart and mind.
Teach your children about beauty of learning! Introduce the story of St. Thomas Aquinas using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to consider how education is a gift from God, how we can get closer to God by learning about our faith and through the study of theology, and how we can serve others through the gifts of our intellect. Great for opening discussions about teaching, learning, humility, the study of theology, and the unity of the person in mind, body and soul.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!