Saint Martin de Porres Shining Light Doll
Patron of hair stylists, innkeepers, lottery winners, mixed-race people, public education, the poor, public health, public schools, race relations, social justice, state schools, television
"Everything could be a prayer if it were offered to God."
-St. Martin de Porres
St. Martin de Porres was marginalized during his life because of his mixed race- but he didn't allow prejudice and racism to stop him from becoming a Saint! A powerful example of forgiveness and the power of not allowing other's to mold our hearts. His heart was made for Jesus and love- and he wouldn't allow other's hate to tarnish him. An animal lover, healer, miracle worker, and sure to become one of your favorite saints!
Teach your children about courage and strength of spirit! Introduce the story of St. Martin using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to consider what it means to be treated badly by others, but still maintain your inner peace. Our value comes from being a child of God, not from other people's opinions. Great for opening discussions about self-esteem, bullying, self-control, forgiveness, compassion, peace, faith, hope and love.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!