Meet St. Gianna Beretta Molla!
St. Gianna Beretta Molla (April 28th)
Patron of: mothers, physicians, families, wives, unborn children
"The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for what He is sending us every day in His goodness."
-St. Gianna Beretta Molla
St. Gianna Beretta Molla was a wife, mother and doctor. She lived out all three of her vocations with faith and grace. When she became pregnant with her fourth and final child, a tumor was found on her uterus during the second month of pregnancy. Unwilling to sacrifice the baby to save her own life, St. Gianna instead opted for the riskier option of surgically removing only the tumor. The operation was successful, and the baby was delivered months later by c-section at full term. There were complications, however, and St. Gianna died a week after giving birth.
Teach your children about selfless love! Introduce the story of St. Gianna using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to consider what it means to trust God, even when it's hard and risky. Great for opening discussions about love, vocation (St. Gianna had many vocations, wife, mother and doctor), heaven being our ultimate goal, trusting God, being pro-life, and putting another person before yourself.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!