Patron of: hospitals, nurses, bakers, brides, the homeless, widows, lacemakers
"How could I bear a crown of gold when the Lord bears a crown of thorns? And bears it for me!"
-St. Elizabeth of Hungary
St. Elizabeth of Hungary was born into royalty and married the King, but she preferred spending her time with the poor of their kingdom. She was extremely generous. St. Elizabeth is holding bread, ready to take it to the needy. This princess saint knew that real treasure is stored in heaven, not on Earth! After her husband's death, St. Elizabeth went on to open a hospital for the poor, where she worked for the rest of her life.
Teach your children about the corporal works of mercy! Introduce the story of St. Elizabeth using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to consider what the most important things in life are. St. Elizabeth was a wealthy princess but spent her money feeding and helping the poor. In God's eyes all boys and girls are children of the King. Great for opening discussions about love, compassion, justice, charity, kindness, equality in God's eyes and generosity.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!