Saint Monica Shining Light Doll
St. Monica of Hippo is well known because of her very famous son, St. Augustine of Hippo. St. Augustine wrote some of the most well known pieces of Christian literature, but there was a time in his life when he wasn't a Christian. It was through the intercessory prayer of his mother (as well as her good example and continued presence in his life) that he returned to the Christian faith. While he had never been baptized as a baby, because his pagan father would not allow it, St. Monica had planted the seeds of Christianity in his heart from birth.
St. Monica even followed St. Augustine from city to city to try to keep him from ruining his life with sin! Her tireless prayers and loving example ended up converting her pagan husband, Patricius, a year before his death. She also converted her mother-in-law (who had been unkind to her for many years!). St. Monica is an amazing example of never giving up hope.
Teach your children about perseverance in prayer! Introduce the story of St. Anne using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to consider what it means to never give up on anyone, in the same way God never gives up on any of us. St. Anne is great for opening discussions about love, hope, prayer, perseverance, determination, patience, forgiveness and fortitude.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!