Saint Lucy Shining Light Doll
Patron of: the blind, epidemics, martyrs, throat infections, writers
"Those whose hearts are pure are temples of the Holy Spirit."
St. Lucy is an early martyr of the Church. Her name, Lucy, means "light" and so on her feast day there are many celebrations that incorporate candles. One such tradition, wearing a crown of candles, is to honor the memory of St. Lucy who wore a candle wreath on her hand so that she could light her way through the catacombs while her arms were full of food for the persecuted Christians. Our adorable St. Lucy doll is designed to be true to the earliest depictions of her, where she is traditionally shown holding a platter with eyes. A modern twist on an ancient tradition!
Teach your children about being a light to others! Introduce the story of St. Lucy using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to consider what it means to bring Christ's light to other people. Where do we see darkness? Can we be a light to those that are sad, hopeless, sick? Great for opening discussions about love, compassion, charity, the spiritual and corporal works of mercy, joy and goodness.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!