Joan was born to a peasant family around the year 1412 in Domremy, in northeastern France. Joan was born into a country that had been in a long war with England (known as the Hundred Year’s War). It had started as an inheritance dispute over the French throne. At the time Joan was born, the French were losing the war. Joan lived a very ordinary farmer’s daughter’s life until the age of 13, when while in her father’s garden she experienced her first vision. She saw the Archangel Michael, St. Catherine and St. Margaret. They told her God wanted her to help lead the French army in order to drive out the English and bring the Dauphin to Reims for his coronation. Joan trusted in God’s plan for her life, and help lead the French army in many victories over the English. She also succeeded in her mission of having Charles VII crowned King in Reims. St. Joan of Arc was captured and martyred by the English when she was only 19 years old- but her victories and legacy changed the course of French history.
Teach your children about courage and bravery! Introduce the story of St. Joan of Arc using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to consider what it means to answer God's call. Does God only ask us to do things other people think we'll be good at? Great for opening discussions about stereotypes, how God judges people vs how we judge people, courage, justice, and what it means to be a saint.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!