Meet St. Bernadette Soubirous!
St. Bernadette Soubirous (April 16th)
Patron of: illness, shepherds, against poverty, people ridiculed for their faith
"Love overcomes, love delights, those who love the Sacred Heart rejoice!"
-St. Bernadette Soubirous
St. Bernadette Soubirous was just a simple peasant girl, out collecting firewood when the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to her in Lourdes, France. The young girl faithfully listened to the Blessed Mother, and as a result the world received one of the most famous healing sites in the world- the waters of Lourdes! St. Bernadette's humility and perseverance in the face of ridicule inspire us to keep us going strong when doing God's will! A perfect companion doll to the Our Lady of Lourdes doll!
Teach your children about holding onto your beliefs even when its not popular. Introduce the story of St. Bernadette using the educational insert in the box. Encourage children to think about what kind of person can become a saint. St. Bernadette was poor and uneducated, but God did great things through her faithfulness. Discussions can include fortitude, temperance, humility, courage, faith, and perseverance.
- Brings the Saints to life in your child’s heart and imagination through developmentally healthy open-ended play
- Grows with your child; safe for babies and toddlers, and continues to engage preschool and school age children with imaginative play centered around the “characters” of their Faith.
- Exceeds safety requirements for children of all ages- including those under 3
- Every doll comes in a beautiful collectible quality box, complete with educational insert full of fun facts!
- Slightly over 3.5” tall
- Nothing to break or lose! Durable, lightweight, single piece construction.
- Plant the seeds of a lifelong faith with everyone's favorite Catholic saint toys!